Terrix RD-PS-S Polymer Silicate Render
Terrix RD-PS-S Polymer Silicate Render
A premium polymer-silicate thin coat render for spray application that is flame retardant, has very high resistance to the elements, won’t crack or flake, very resistant to algae/staining and is more suitable for winter applications than acrylic or silicone renders due to its partly chemical bonding properties.
Terrix®Render is based on innovative Swiss, patented technology converting potassium water glass into a polymer. Polymer-silicate render offers all advantages of well know silicate renders without limitations related to the application process (silicate renders are very often used for renovation of historical/listed buildings due to its longevity). Due to its mineral characteristic and lack of surface electrostatics, the product is the most dirt resistant type of the render on the market and will never delaminate as it is adhered to a substrate by a chemical reaction. Another important property of the render is its built-in high resistance to microbial contamination (eg. algae) as well as efflorescence. Terrix® RD-PS-S 1.5 is recommended for use in coastal areas where exposure for elements is high.
- No flaking or cracking as Terrix® RD-PS-S paints bond to the substrate by chemical reaction,. Acrylic and silicone renders create a film on top of a substrate which can lead to peeling or cracking.
- High resistance to elements – the render is fully suitable for costal application.
- Very high resistance to dirt, not achievable by any organic based renders on the market (all acrylics and silicone even with self clean effect) it is due to its mineral formulation therefore lack of surface electrostatics. The dust wont’t be attracted to the render.
- Flame retardancy due to the lack of organic components in the render and pigments used for colouring. In contrast to most renders on the market and all, Terrix® RD-PS-S provides protection against the spread of flame. Mineral characteristic of the product makes it fully incombustible.
- Very high resistance to yellowing – Built in UV blockers to maintain original look of render.
- Natural algae resistance – Increased Ph level (high alkalinity) delivers natural and long lasting protection. Other products on the market are protected by addition of biocides which have limited lifespan (5-6 years).
- Very low water absorption. The product is more resistant for winter when water freezes and by expanding causes system failures.
- Spot repairs – the product can be easily spot repaired without leaving any visible patches which is usually impossible to achieve with hand applied renders on the market.
- Low maintenance cost – due to render prosperities and application method the cost of maintenance is usually many times lower vs other products.
Apply to a sound and clean substrate (without cracks and delaminations), degreased, even and dry, and biological or chemical efflorescence free). The substrate should be free of algae/fungi growth. In case of microbial contamination, the substrate should be cleaned with a power washer. Subsequently Terrix® PR-AR solution for removing microbial contamination to be applied as per product manual. Any loose layers that are not bounded to the substrate (such as loose plasters or flaked paint coats) should be removed. Wash and degrease old and/ or dirty substrate with water and product Terrix® PR-CL cleaning agent. If there are any large irregularities to the substrate, these should be levelled out by using levelling compound. Small irregularities can be levelled with levelling render. Before applying the levelling compound/render – refer to the product manuals and data sheets. Absorbent substrates should be primed before levelling compound is being applies. Note: the finish coat may not be applied on newly completed mineral substrates (i.e cement, concrete and lime mortar renders) – min.: 2 weeks curing period is required.
If product is being used as a part of TERRIX® render systems refer to the system manual for detailed application instructions.
The substrate should be primed with Terrix® PR-PS-R before applying the render. Primer should be dry before applying a finish coat (ca. 24 h). It is recommended to use a primer that is of the same colour as the finish coat. Product preparation:
The packaging contains a ready-to-use product. If stored for a long time and before application, the product should be thoroughly mixed with a low-speed mixer fitted with a basket stirrer until a smooth, homogenous consistency is obtained. Further mixing is not recommended as it may result in excessive aeration of the product. If required, add a small amount of clean water (max. 0.1 l per 20 kg of the product). Quantity of added water may vary for different substrate types, weather conditions and application method.
Render should be applied onto the substrate by using a pneumatic spraying device at a working pressure of 3÷4 atmospheres and a nozzle diameter of 5÷6 mm. While spraying, the gun should be held perpendicularly to the substrate at a distance of 0.4-0.6 m.
Typical binding (setting) time ca. 24h (20°C, 55% RH). Note: Drying time may be longer due to low temperatures and high relative humidity. To assist the drying of the finish coat, the surface should be protected against precipitation and condensation.
Note: If applied in adverse weather conditions ask for winter version of the product Terrix® RD-PS-SW 1.5 which gives the product accelerated 8h wash-off resistance (min temperature 5°C, 75% RH)
The final effect may depend on the substrate type. For non-uniform substrates, it is recommended to skim at first the whole surface with base coat mortar. To avoid colour differences, a single batch product should be used on a single application / architectural element. ‘Wet on wet’ method should be used. All tools should be cleaned with water after work is completed. To be applied on dry days at temperatures between 5-25°C. Avoid applying in direct sunlight or during strong winds. To protect the top coat against inclement weather conditions, scaffolding should be covered with some protective netting or tarpaulin.
Base binder: specially modified potassium water glass;
Pigments: non-organic coloured pigments with high resistance to elements Density: about 1.50 g/cm3;
Colours: white and selected colours from PCC colour chart as well as custom pastel colours;
Texture: grained 1.5mm;
Average usage: 2.2kg/m2;
Application temperature (ambient and substrate): from +5°C to +25°C Maximum application relative air humidity: ≤75%;
Vapour permeability: Sd = 0.05 m (CAT. V1);
Water absorption: w = 0.36 kg/m2h0.5 (CAT. W2)
Packaging: Single-use plastic bucket contains 20kg of the product.
Storage: Store in the tightly sealed, original packaging in a cool area ensuring protection against frost. Opened packaging should be tightly closed and used as quickly as possible.
Shelf life: 12 months from the date of production ( factory sealed packaging).
There are no reviews yet.